First, I stamped two peacock feathers and then die cut that section using a small stitched rectangle die. To make it pop out, I die cut the same rectangle several times, glued them together into the opening and adhered the original die-cut piece on top.
Then, I die cut the peacock from white cardstock and heat embossed it using green embossing powder for the body. For the tail I wanted a teal, and since I don't have that color, I created my own by mixing green and blue embossing powder.
Finally, I stamped the sentiment using red and orange ink to add a bit of color and to complement the teal color.
My card was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #171, and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week the challenge is: Emboss it!
Here's my card...
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White
- Stamps: Cling Peacock Feather (Stampendous) / Greetings SCO586 (Hampton Art)
- Dies: Stitched Rectangle Stackables (Lawn Fawn) / Peacock Die (Free gift with Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine,Issue 147)
- Ink Pads: Garden Patina Archival Ink (Ranger) / Love Letter, Tangelo (Memento)
- Green and blue embossing powder
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!